Lee DeWyze

On Wednesday December 6th, 2017, First Three Media photographed the show of Lee DeWyze at Goldfield Trading Post in Sacramento.  Goldfield is an intimate gem located at 1630 J Street. 
Arrived early and was greeted by employee Bridget at the door. Found a corner booth to wait and could hear soundcheck begin. Lee was singing an excerpt from Breathing In.  
Chills went through my body! Lee then sang a portion of his rendition of Hallelujah! All this photographer /blogger /music connoisseur could think was, "OH My God! So incredible! My ears are hearing a rare musical gift! Strong. Smooth. Perfection! The overwhelming emotion of what was to come for the night was being waited on in that corner booth with huge anticipation! 
I knew the night was GOING TO BE filled with enormous talent!

First Three Media did things a little different this time around for a show review. Decided to quote what Lee said on stage to bring you more than just photos and my own personal thoughts.

For the first three songs, Lee DeWyze sang Breathing In, Let It Go and West.
You know that feeling you get when you hear a true artist, your brain tingles and sends that feeling through your whole body! I'm feeling that again as I write this blog post. It doesn't happen often. It's actually infrequent BUT... from the moment Lee began to sing, that unusual feeling engulfed my whole being!
















Lee: "I want to play you guys a new one. I have a new record coming out in February. I am really excited about it! This song is really just about (pause in speech) I think everybody comes to a point in their life where they just let something go. This is a song I wrote about that. This song is called Let Go." 

 
Lee: "An Uber driver picked me up at four in the morning. I was so pissed off that I had to leave home. I can't even begin to tell you. Anyway.  I just started to tell you. I was just thinking about how much I love doing what I do. I love performing. I love writing songs. I also love my family, being home and it is this weird thing that you know (pause) what you love to do is what you do. I wrote this song, Oil And Water.

It was really great to hear the story behind Oil and Water. We all have the combination of it in our lives somewhere and can relate!

We appreciate your sacrifice and dedication Lee! Thank you for sharing your music with us!

Lee: This next song I am going to play is Walk Away. A few years ago, I was able to meet him. Ben. I was at the Hollywood Bowl in LA and I went back stage. I went up to Mr. Harper, Ben. I'm like I'm..I'm..I'm (stuttering for the story) a huge fan. He's like, Hey you are Lee, man. You cover my song, Walk Away. I was like, Oh my God, yeah I do! And I was like, Isn't that cool? I didn't know what to say. I was super stupid. He had some guitars back there. I got to do the whole thing and it was amazing. One of my favorite songs ever. I hope you guys like it. This is my cover of Ben Harper, "Walk Away."

Lee: "Thanks again to all of you for coming out tonight and to everybody here, thank you so much!" 
Not only is Lee incredibly talented, he is incredibly kind and humble as well! 
Lee closed the night with his new single, "The Breakdown." 

Paranoia will be released in February
of 2018. Seriously expect great things for Lee and his new album! Chart topping? Probably! He is THAT top notch!
To follow Lee DeWyze: 

Comments